Thursday, July 11, 2013

Want to Improve your Golf Game? Be the Next League Commissioner!

Thanks to Brad Nelson for his post on my first round as the new Commissioner.  I fear that Matt Raymer has some pretty sore neck muscles after spending so much of Tuesday evening shaking his head in disbelief.  Clearly I am not nearly as good as I played that night, so it must have been due to being the Commissioner.  For those of you who might be interested is taking over next year, consider some of the benefits I experienced on my first night.

1.  Getting my name listed on the standings page 5 times.
2.  Winning 3 golf balls.
3.  Vaulting into the lead for the Sy Brant award.
4.  Golfing for free.

This could be you!  I expect requests to be the next Commissioner to pour in by the dozens, so be sure to volunteer quickly.

The results and standings for July 9 are posted.  One notable outcome is that David Miller has become such an intimidating presence on the golf course that none of the other 3 golfers in his foursome showed up.  David will have a sub next week, but here is hoping that future opponents will have the courage to face him.

No comments: