Thursday, May 13, 2010

Week 3 Recap

Week 3 results and standings are now posted on the blog. I also updated Week 2 results and standings because, as you may remember, some folks were unable to play #9 in week two due to darkness. Their results are now complete.

I have a couple of friendly reminders based on last week's attendance.
  • The league will play as long as Glenway is open. If you want to know whether or not we'll be playing, you can call the course to find out. Assume we're playing.
  • If you don't show up for golf and don't have a sub, you are still responsible for your greens fees.
A few other housekeeping notes:
  • The Dvorak team is still in need of two full-time golfers. If you know anybody who would like to join permanently, temporarily, full-time or part-time, let me know and we can use them at least for this season. I have the slots filled for 5/18, but no beyond.
  • Rich Lampe got his name in the paper on Wednesday with a 38, which was a shock to him since he thought he shot a 40. He was right. I usually catch 1-2 addition errors every week on the scorecards. It's not a big deal to me, but if you're wondering why the blog reports a different score than you thought you had, it may have been an adding error on the scorecard. (As we know, my spreadsheet never makes a mistake!)
  • Steve Moritz did not get his name in the paper on Wednesday morning with a 39, which was my fault. I missed his fine score when I was writing up the list. Well done, Steve!
  • I've been a slow starter this spring, but I should be ready to start handing out prize balls next Tuesday.
So far, the forecast for next Tuesday looks great (72 degrees and sunny). That oughta bring the scores down. See you out there.

No comments: