Saturday, February 3, 2024

2024 Season

 Hey golfers,

The 2024 season is nearly upon us. You may soon be contacted by your Captain to confirm your participation in the 2024 season. Please tell your Captain if you are going to be a Loyalty Card Member or not. The season will more than likely be kicking off on Tuesday, April 30th with a Team Scramble event. I need confirmation from City of Madison Golf.

The league fee will be $40 same as last year. The green fees will be up $1 per week and the cost for Loyalty Card members will be $371 and Non-Members $405. You can pay the clubhouse the first week of the season. If you get a sub that first week, you will need to pay prior to the first week of the season. You can pay me by check (34 Black Stone Circle Madison 53719) or Venmo me at Dan Steinhoff@Dan-Steinhoff for one or both fees and I will forward the necessary funds to the City of Madison Golf.

I have posted a tentative schedule for this year. There maybe some changes as the season draws closer. 

Thoughts on actual play for this season. We will continue with the rule regarding going back on your line if the ball is hit out of bounds. Hole 4 continue hitting from the Pine Tee versus the Sumac Tee. I will ask about the 8th hole regarding the lack of alternating from the upper to the lower tees last year. I would like to hit from the lower tee box every other week at a minimum. I am also implementing a new rule starting this year. Last year's Champion team members cannot swing a club prior to the first week of the season. Any documented (pic or video) violation will be met with a significant beverage bill from the clubhouse that first week.

As the season draws near start checking the blog occasionally. Until then I will send emails as needed to the league. 

Regards,

Dan

The Commish


1 comment:

Daniel Steinhoff said...

Just kidding Team Downing. Or am I?