Monday, April 1, 2013

Letter to Golfers from Bill Scheer

Dear League Members: 

Instead of the usual league letter outlining the season, this is one of good-bye! Unfortunately, as I am sure you’re aware, the City of Madison Parks Dept. decided to not renew any of the golf pro’s contracts, and will take over the management of the courses themselves. 

Because this proposal was so hastily brought forth, the City Golf Committee voted unanimously for a one year moratorium on this issue. Unfortunately, that committee is advisory only, and we ultimately lost the vote 10-9 at the City Council meeting. 

I would like to thank all of you for you support and friendship over the years. I would also like to thank all the people who spoke at meetings and wrote letters to alders and city administrators on our behalf. Your support of the pro’s and your opposition to the City’s plan was tremendous. I loved working at Glenway and will always cherish the wonderful times I had with a wonderful clientele. 

 I am lucky to have found a position that will allow me to follow my passion for teaching. I will be the Director of Instruction at Bridges Golf Course in Madison, so I hope to see you there sometime. 

Again, thank you for 14 great years, and best of luck to you and your league this coming season. 

Best Regards, 

 Bill Scheer

No comments: